The Global Dental 3D Printing Market is expected to grow from USD 1.9 billion in 2020 to USD 8.6 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of over 29.2% during the forecast period.
What is Dental 3D printing?
3D printing is a disruptive technology being widely used in dentistry in the production of drill guides for dental implants, orthodontics and surgery, manufacture of dental implants, and production of physical models for prosthodontics, orthodontics & surgery. Various technologies are used for 3D dental printing including VAT photo-polymerization, polyjet technology, fused deposition modelling, selective laser sintering, and other.
Key players operating in the Dental 3D Printing Market are-
- 3D Systems Corporation (The U.S)
- Straumann Group (Switzerland)
- Stratasys Ltd. (The U.S)
- Roland DG Corporation (Japan)
- Renishaw Plc. (UK)
- EnviosionTEC (The U.S)
- FormLabs (The U.S)
- DentsPly Sirona Inc. (The U.S)
- Prodways Group (France)
- SLM Solutions Group AG (Germany)
- EOS GmbH (Germany)
- Carbon Inc. (The U.S)
The growth of the global dental 3d printing market is primarily driven by the increasing adoption of additive manufacturing in the dental industry to develop customized products.
- Rising incidences of dental caries and other dental diseases across geographies are projected to propel the market growth at a significant rate during the review period.
- Furthermore, increasing investment in R&D activities by the market players to develop computer-aided designs is likely to create lucrative opportunities for the market players during the review period.
Based on application, the market has been segmented into prosthodontics, orthodontics and implantology.
The prosthodontics segment accounted for the largest market share in 2020. The segment growth can be attributed to the growing demand for crowns & bridges, rising cases of tooth loss, and increasing adoption of advanced technologies.
Geographically, the market in North America accounted for the largest market share in 2020 and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period owing to presence of established healthcare infrastructure and high demand for technologically advanced dental solutions.
The market in Asia-Pacific region is projected to register fastest growth during the review period on account of growing digitalization, increasing government support, and high investment in healthcare infrastructure development.
By Material Type
By Technology Type
- VAT Photo-polymerization
- PolyJet Technology
- Fused Deposition Modeling
- Selective Laser Sintering
By Application Type
By End-User Type
- Dental Clinics
- Dental Laboratories
- Academic and Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of the World
|No. of Figures & Tables||>100|
The covid-19 outbreak affected the growth of the dental 3D printing market for a short period of time as most of the dental clinics and laboratories were closed due to the imposition of lockdown to prevent the spread of the virus. Also, after the reopening of clinics, the number of people visiting clinics due to fear of getting infected and thus, affected the market growth. However, it is projected to have a long-term positive impact on the growth of Dental 3D Printing with a decline in cases, particularly in developed regions.
This report provides market intelligence in the most comprehensive way. The report structure has been kept such that it offers maximum business value. It provides critical insights into the market dynamics and will enable strategic decision-making for the existing market players as well as those willing to enter the market. The following are the key features of the report:
- Market structure: Overview, industry life cycle analysis, supply chain analysis.
- Market environment analysis: Growth drivers and constraints, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis.
- Market trend and forecast analysis.
- Market segment trend and forecast.
- Competitive landscape and dynamics: Market share, Product portfolio, New Product Launches, etc.
- Attractive market segments and associated growth opportunities.
- Emerging trends.
- Strategic growth opportunities for the existing and new players.
- Key success factors.
Dental 3D Printing Market Features:
|Market Size in 2020||USD 1.9 billion|
|Market Size in 2026||USD 8.6 billion|
|Market Growth (2021-2026)||29.2% CAGR|
|Base Year of Study||2020|
|Segments Covered||By Material (Metals, Photopolymer, Ceramic, Others)By Technology (VAT Photo-polymerization, PolyJet Technology, Fused Deposition Modeling, Selective Laser Sintering, Other)By Application (Prosthodontics, Orthodontics, Implantology)By End-User (Dental Clinics, Dental Laboratories, Academic and Research Institutes)By Region|
|Top Companies in 2021||3D Systems Corporation (The U.S)Straumann Group (Switzerland)Stratasys Ltd. (The U.S)Roland DG Corporation (Japan)Renishaw Plc. (UK)EnviosionTEC (The U.S)FormLabs (The U.S)DentsPly Sirona Inc. (The U.S)Prodways Group (France)SLM Solutions Group AG (Germany)EOS GmbH (Germany)Carbon Inc. (The U.S)|
|Dominant Region||North America accounted for the largest market share in 2020.|
Here is the list of the group of customers that the Global Dental 3D Printing market hopes to have the greatest opportunity to convert-
- Government bodies
With this detailed report, Stratview Research offers one of the following free customization options to our respectable clients:
- Detailed profiling of additional market players (up to three players)
- SWOT analysis of key players (up to three players)
- Benchmarking of key players on the following parameters: Product portfolio, geographical reach, regional presence, and strategic alliances
Stratview research offers custom research services across sectors. In case of any custom research requirement related to market assessment, competitive benchmarking, sourcing and procurement, target screening, and others, please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.