Join the next free webinar organized by Dental News!
• Speaker: Prof. Hani F. Ounsi DDS, DESE, MSc, DEA, PhD, FICD
• Panelists: Dr Andreas Krokidis, Dr Charbel Allam, Dr Gergely Benyocs
Topic: Mechanical preparation of the endodontic space
Date: January 14th, 2021
Time: 6:00 PM (Beirut) 7:00 PM (Kuwait/Riyadh) 8:00 PM (Dubai/Abu Dhabi)
Nickel-titanium rotary instruments have established themselves as indispensable in the endodontic armamentarium. They have significantly contributed to simplify and speed up the shaping procedure. These instruments are available in different designs and alloys some of which seem to challenge our traditional view of endodontic instruments.
NiTi alloys are poorly understood by they their users and instruments can break in inexperienced hands complicating the original treatment and possibly forcing the decision of surgical endodontics.
Furthermore, the shear simplistic approach of NiTi sequences conceals pitfalls that may lead to the failure of the endodontic treatment. Since extensive clinical and experimental data are available, applying the latest research findings to our daily clinical use, as well as keeping in mind the basics of endodontology can predictably improve clinical performance.
MEET OUR SPEAKER AND PANELISTS!
Prof. Hani F. Ounsi DDS, DESE, MSc, DEA, PhD, FICD
Prof. Ounsi graduated from the school of dental surgery, University of Montpellier, France. He holds a master in endodontics, a master in medical and biological sciences, a research master in oral biology from Saint-Joseph University in Beirut, and a PhD in Dental materials from the University of Siena.
Prof. Ounsi is presently an assistant professor at the department of restorative dentistry and endodontics of the Lebanese University and a visiting professor at the department of endodontics and restorative dentistry of Siena University. He serves on the editorial boards and scientific advisory boards of journals such as the Journal of Endodontics and the Saudi Endodontic Journal, and reviews for International Endodontic Journal, Dental Traumatology, Journal of Applied Oral Science, and the Journal of Contemporary Dental Practice.
He is a fellow of the International College of Dentists, and a member of the European Society of Endodontology and the American Association of Endodontists. He authored and co-authored more than 50 publications, and presented and conducted more than 200 lectures and courses in 4 continents.
Dr Gergely Benyőcs, Hungary, Budapest
– Gergely Benyőcs DMD graduated summa cum laude in 2001 at the Semmelweis University of Budapest, and completed his master’s degree at the Uni’s Department of Conservative Dentistry in 2003.
– He also graduated in 2008 at The College for Modern Business Studies.
– Specialized in endodontic treatments and owns the PreceDent Dental Office, serving high level endodontic treatments, using microscopic approach and cutting-edge technology.
– His office is a certified training center for the three years post graduate endodontic program.
– He was teaching at the Semmelweis University of Budapest from 2001 to 2003.
– Member of the Hungarian Society of Endodontology and the New Jersey Association of Endodontists.
– Chief editor of Endodoncia, the Hungarian endodontic journal.
Organizer of the Endodontic Congress at DentalWorld Budapest, which is the largest event in this field in the region.
– Administrator of ROOTS, the premier global discussion forum for Endodontics.
– National and international lecturer.
Pr Charbel Allam DDS, DESE Endodontist and Oral Surgeon
– Clinical Professor at St. Joseph university school of dentistry, department of endodontics, Beirut, LEBANON.
– Graduated in 1983 from St. Joseph University, Beirut Lebanon.
– Postgraduate in Endodontics in 1994 from St. Joseph University, Beirut Lebanon.
– Training courses in Endodontic Microsurgery in 1999 from University of Pennsylvania USA.
– Training courses in Endodontic Microsurgery in 2000 from Loma Linda University USA.
– Certificate in Implantologie and Advanced bone grafting from California Implant Institute USA. Received the Qana Scientific Award twice: 2001 and 2005, for his scientific work.
– Development of a new bone trepanation procedure already published.
– Development of a surgical kit of seven retractors made by HU-FRIEDY: C.ALLAM RETRACTORS.
– International lecturer: presented many national and international lectures, hands-on and courses in different countries at international meetings: AAE, ESE, IFEA Many international articles were published.
– Member of the American Association of Endodontists.
– Member of the European Society of Endodontology.
– Member of the Froncophone Society of Microdentistry.
– Member and Past President of the Lebanese Society of Ondodontology.
Dr Andreas Krokidis D.D.S. M.Sc Phd
Andreas Krokidis D.D.S. M.Sc Phd graduated from dental school of University of Brescia (Italy) in 2004 and in 2008, he carried out his three-years Master degree from university of Verona (Italy) in Endodontics and in 2018 his Phd in National and Kapodestrian University of Athens (Greece).
His scientific work includes publications in international journals and books, continuous participations in national and international meetings as well as teaching experience in Italy (University of Brescia) and Greece (National and Kapodisrian University of Athens). Dr Krokidis maintains a Private Practice limited in Microscopic Endodontics since 2009 in Corfu and in Athens(Greece).
He is Active Member of the Hellenic Endodontic Society and the European Society of Endodontics (ESE), International Member of the AAE (American Association of Endodontics) and Active Member of the Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry (AMED).
Currently, he is the treasurer of the Hellenic Academy of Clinical Dentistry and part-time teaching associate in the Endodontics Department at the National and Kapodisrian University of Athens.